Before proceeding, you must have a Canadian employer who is willing to hire you as a caregiver. As of June 18, 2019, employers do not require an LMIA.

Canada’s Caregiver Program is a great way to bring applicants from all over the world to provide care to those in one of the following pilot categories;

  • Home Child Care Provider Pilot

  • Home Support Worker Pilot

There are eligibility requirements that follow to qualify under these caregiver pilot programs such as meeting a minimum English/French result and having appropriate post-secondary education.

As of late 2014, there is no requirement for qualified caregivers to be living in-home with their employer. This offers the flexibility desired by a lot of caregivers to be able to live where they want without the need to live with a potentially abusive or aggravating employer.

Before proceeding, you must have a Canadian employer who is willing to hire you. Under the above pilot programs, the employer does not require an LMIA.

Need Further Assistance?

If you would like to know more about the Canada Caregiver Pilots and how New Roots Immigration can assist you with this process then please contact us by phone +1 (604) 265-5976 for a FREE 10 Minute Initial Consultation

If you wish for your Canadian Immigration eligibility to be assessed, you may complete the eligibility assessment form and Book a 1-hour Consultation 

About New Roots Immigration - A Canadian Immigration Consulting Company

New Roots Immigration Consulting Inc. is a Canadian Immigration Consulting Company based in Canada and providing its clientele with over 30 years of immigration advisement experience. We provide professional & personalized service, honest & trusted advisement, fast response times, and reasonable payment rates. We specialize in Family Sponsorship and have experience in all immigration regarding Parent & Grandparent SponsorshipSpousal SponsorshipEconomic & Business ImmigrationEconomic Express EntryStart-up Business VisasLabour Market Impact AssessmentsTemporary Residence Visas & Permits, Study PermitsVisitor VisasWork Permits, and Canada's Caregiver Program. Learn More About Us or Get in Touch.