If you’re a spouse or common law partner of a skilled worker in Canada, you may be eligible to to apply for an open work permit

Spouses or common-law partners of foreign workers who work in a skilled position in Canada may be authorized to work without having to obtain a job offer. 

In order to qualify, your spouse or common law partner must:

  • Hold a work permit that is valid for a period of at least 6 months, or in some cases provide evidence that they will be working for a minimum of 6 months
  • Currently be working in a job that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B
  • Physically reside or plan to physically reside in Canada

How do I start the process?
We’re your first step in starting a citizenship application.  Complete an eligibility assessment here