Express Entry offers skilled immigrants a pathway to permanent residence
Launched in 2015, Express Entry is a digital competitive system used by the Canadian government to bring skilled immigrants permanently to Canada as a way to target labour shortages and help grow the economy. The Express Entry is a federal platform that manages applications for three economic categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
- BC Provincial Nominee Program
Those candidates who achieve a certain number of points and meet the eligibility requirements for one of the above categories will be able to apply for their permanent residence.
It is important to remember that this new ranking system enables the Federal Government, including Canadian employers to select the top candidates based on their skill set, age, language, skilled work experience, educational background and offer of employment.
A basic list of steps for how this New electronic system works is as follows;
1. Complete an online profile
2. Meet the qualifications to be entered in the Express Entry Pool
3. Highest scores will receive an ‘invitation to apply’ for permanent residence
This will bring significant change to Canadian Immigration – allowing employers a more hands on approach towards recruiting workers from overseas who meet the necessary skills and experience.
Applications for permanent residence can be processed in 6 months.