Temporary option for overseas parents and grandparents

Are you looking to bring your parents or grandparents to Canada for a long term stay? We recommend they make an application for a super visa to Canada.

A super visa allows parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents to stay in Canada for up to two years at time over a ten year period. Given the lack of opportunity to apply for parent and grandparent sponsorship at any given time or until the program opens, this is a well received alternative option. For more information, you can refer to our article here

How do I start the super visa process?

We’re your first step in starting a citizenship application.  Complete an eligibility assessment here

Usually a visitor to Canada is only allowed a six month stay when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension and pay a new fee. The super visa allows parents and grandparents to visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status over a ten year period.
Yes. There are additional documents required for a super visa. As with all foreign nationals, your parents or grandparents must be admissible to Canada.
This depends on the Canadian visa office where the application will be sent. Processing times may vary and every country has their own processing times.