If you have at least one year of Canadian skilled work experience in the last three years, you may be eligible to apply for the CEC as your fast track option for permanent residency

Whether you work in Canada on an open work permit or employer-specific work permit, the Canadian Experience Class is a category of the Express Entry platform allowing those who have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) Canadian experience to make an application. Other eligibility requirements apply and can be determined by your legal representative.

How do I start an application? 
We’re your first step in starting a citizenship application.  Complete an eligibility assessment here

No. Your Canadian work experience does not require to be continuous. You may use cumulative work experience. However, it must be in a skilled occupation according to Canada’s NOC.

Self-employment and work experience obtained while you were a full-time student (even if you were on a co-op work term) does not meet eligibility for this program.

Unlike the Federal Skilled Program which requires proof of settlement funds, you do not require to show proof of funds for this program.