A bridging open work permit allows you to keep working while your permanent residence application is processing

Depending on your application, you may be eligible to apply to “bridge the gap” between your soon to expire work permit in order to continue working until a final decision on your permanent residence application has been reached. Bridging open work permits are available for certain workers under the following categories: 

How do I start an application? 
We’re your first step in starting a citizenship application.  Complete an eligibility assessment here

Yes. Only work permits expiring within 4 months can apply for a bridging open work permit. Other eligibility factors also apply.

No. You cannot apply at the border. You must be in Canada in order to submit an application.

No. If you are the principal applicant, you cannot include your spouse or partner for a bridging open work permit but they may be eligible for C41 work permit.